Flaxseed is the seed of the flax plant and can be eaten whole (seeds), ground into a powder (flaxseed meal) pure or in supplements such as Nopalina. The oil can also be taken in liquid or pill form.
Flaxseed is ideal to treat multiple conditions such as stress, digestive issues, inflammation, diabetes, heart disease, sexual problems, excess weight, fluid retention, allergies and depression.
Several studies show that flaxseed contains important nutrients that offer innumerable health benefits, in addition to acting as an ideal supplement to lose weight, which has made the seeds increasingly popular in recent years. It is a seed rich in fibers and antioxidants, being the best vegetable source of fatty acids such as omega 3.
Flaxseed, an ingredient that help you to be healtly
This seed is a great source of fiber that can be soluble as well as insoluble. Soluble fiber has been proven to help regulate blood pressure, control sugar levels in the bloodstream and prevent diverticulitis.
Insoluble fiber is linked to the improvement of digestive functions due to the fact that it keeps intestinal movements regular. It provides bacterial flora, which improves digestion and facilitates an adequate absorption of nutrients. It also has laxative properties which helps with bowel movements and avoid constipation.
Flax seeds can be consumed directly with rice, salad, and bread or added to any other food you want. Ingesting it ground is the easiest way to add them to your diet which makes Nopalina an excellent option for letting your body reap the benefits of what some consider to be a “super-food”.
- Blood pressure: Reduces the level of cholesterol in the blood. Adding ground flaxseed to your daily diet could help counteract blood pressure.
- Weight control: Stimulates the intestines, since it has laxative effects. Ideally, a tablespoonful should be consumed daily, particularly when trying to lose weight. It also promotes the elimination of toxins since it helps the kidneys to expel water.
- Menopause: Many studies on menopause have considered flaxseed as an ally in the reduction of nighttime heat and hot flashes. Taking this seed reduces the side effects of this inevitable stage of women’s life.
- Nervous system: Flax seeds are considered a natural strengthener. It is proven that those who regularly take flaxseed experience nervous tension decrease.
- Anti-aging: Due to its high level of vitamins, mainly those of group B, vitamin C and E, it is able to attack free radicals and prevent aging.
If you haven’t added flaxseed to your diet yet, start today!