Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body.
Collagen has many important functions, including providing your skin with structure and strengthening your bones. In recent years, collagen supplements have become popular. Most are hydrolyzed, which means the collagen has been broken down, making it easier for you to absorb.
9Collagen is the most abundant protein in your body.
Collagen has many important functions, including providing your skin with structure and strengthening your bones
In recent years, collagen supplements have become popular. Most are hydrolyzed, which means the collagen has been broken down, making it easier for you to absorb.
- Can Improve Skin Health* Collagen is a major component of your skin. It plays a role in strengthening skin, plus may benefit elasticity and hydration. As you age, your body produces less collagen, leading to dry skin and the formation of wrinkles
- Supports joint health* Collagen helps maintain the integrity of your cartilage, which is the rubber-like tissue that protects your joints. As the amount of collagen in your body decreases as you get older, your risk of developing degenerative joint disorders such as osteoarthritisincreases
- Promotes both bone density and bone strength* Your bones are made mostly of collagen, which gives them structure and helps keep them strong. As collagen in your body deteriorates as you age, bone mass does too. This may lead to conditions such as osteoporosis, which is characterized by low bone density and linked with a higher risk of bone fractures
- Promotes artery health* Researchers have theorized that taking collagen supplements may help reduce the risk of heart-related conditions. Collagen provides structure to your arteries, the blood vessels that carry blood from your heart to the rest of your body. Without enough collagen, arteries may become weak and fragile.
- Other Health Benefits
Collagen supplements may have other health benefits, but these have not been studied extensively.
- Hair and nails*: Taking collagen may increase the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness. Additionally, it may stimulate your hair and nails to grow longer
- Gut health*: Although there is no scientific evidence to support this claim, some health practitioners promote the use of collagen supplements to treat intestinal permeability, or leaky gut syndrome.
- Brain health*: No studies have examined the role of collagen supplements in brain health. However, some people claim they improve mood and reduce symptoms of anxiety.
Our Salud Natural Collagen is better:
Our Collagen Hydrolysate contains up to 10% moisture and NLT 90% protein
|Dimensions||2.5 × 2.5 × 5 in|